2Bennett Audimotive High Performance Audi Parts & Service
530-758-7325 Davis, California USA
Instructions for Installing Wheel Studs
1. Remove wheel from car and clean the face of the hub & rotor.
2. Put 2 drops of red Locktite onto threads each stud at the opposite end from the hex key end. If the studs came with red compound already on them, skip this step.
3. Thread studs into hub using a hex key (thread the studs from the outside of the hub inward). Stop threading the studs in when the threads LIGHTLY bottom out.
4. Back the studs out 1/8 turn.
5. Place the wheel onto the car.
6. Thread the lug nuts onto the studs and snug them down.
7. Tighten STUDS down and torque the stud itself [not the nut] to 20 Ft. Lbs. with nuts lightly secured. (This is what aligns the threads and makes the studs straight to the hub).
8. Torque the lug nuts to 82 ft. lbs. And re-torque the lug nuts after 5 miles.
The studs are high grade GERMAN-MADE hardened steel. If the stud set you are installing are Black Oxide, we suggest painting them with rust resistant paint after install for optimized appearance.
This instruction set is meant as a guide. 2Bennett Audimotive Inc. assumes no responsibility for improper installation of wheel studs. Automotive technicians using proper tools following these steps should have success. Please be safe and take precautions during this procedure.